The city and the port of VARNA were built on the location of the Greek colony of Odessos, destroyed in the first one century Before Christ by an invasion of "Gètes".
It is only in VII ° century that the city took its current name of Varna, following the invasion of the Bulgarian. Competed for a long time between the latter and the Byzantine, the city was taken, after all, in 1391 by Turks, what pulled certain commercial decline.
In XIX ° century, the port was chosen as stopover on the line of the Black Sea which connected Constantinople with the mouths of the Danube.
An Office of Distribution was opened in November, 1857 and deleted in August, 1876. (Source: Robert Dessert)
Diamond of Points: small Figures 4018 and Big Figures 5103
Cancelled PC blue 4018
Letter of Varna for Genes by Italian liner cancelled GC 5103 blue Type 22 of Varna